Back to news
A New Year, a new job! SMC is recruiting. POSITION NOW FILLED!
Part-time property manager required
This is a great chance to join a busy and well-established firm of Chartered Surveyors based in Sheffield. We specialise in commercial property and manage portfolios for clients. We are looking for a Property Manager to fill an upcoming vacancy.
- The job is part-time. 15 to 22.5 hours per week (flexible on hours/days).
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Immediate is start available.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Highly organised
- Has good administration skills
- Highly literate and numerate
- Experienced and competent user of MS Word and Excel
- Has an eye for detail
- Takes pride in a job well done
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Able to work independently but also as part of a friendly team
Previous property management experience is preferred, but is not essential as we can give training and support, including use of Re-Leased software.
The main duties include:
- Managing commercial property management portfolios on behalf of clients.
- Calculating rents and service charge budgets in accordance with leases.
- Ensuring rents, service charges and other payments are collected.
- Taking appropriate action if they are not.
- Approving/challenging where necessary, bills that are the landlord’s responsibility e.g. utility supplies, etc.
- Running service charge budgets.
- Preparing end of year service charge certificates.
- Liaising with tenants over repair issues, instructing and managing contractors to undertake works where it is the landlord’s responsibility.
- Inspecting properties periodically.
- Liaising with colleagues regarding tenant’s dilapidations and lease termination issues.
- Liaising with colleagues when properties become vacant and need to be marketed.
- Ensuring that health and safety legislation is complied with. For example, arranging risk assessments, alarm/fire appliance testing, gas and electrical testing, etc where this is the landlord’s responsibility.
- Keeping records of upcoming lease events (rent reviews, break notices, termination dates etc.) and liaising with colleagues and clients’ solicitors regarding serving legal notices within the necessary timescales.
- Undertaking rent reviews and lease renewals.
- Liaising with bookkeeper and ensuring accurate records and paperwork are kept and maintained, including leases, notices, schedules, emails, correspondence, etc.
- Ensuring RICS codes of practice are adhered to.
- Undertaking other relevant tasks in the office as and when required.
Please send your CV to: Mike Hull, SMC Chartered Surveyors, 54 Campo Lane, Sheffield S1 2EG or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to news